The CBD Oil for pets is an organically made oil from the CBD (Cannabidiol) substance which is extracted from the cannabis/ hemp/ marijuana plant. It comes in different flavours that are appealing to the pets in addition to well detailed dosing instruction to ensure that the pets suffer from neither an overdose nor an under dose of the oil.
The pets that can use this oil include dogs, horses cats among others.
Can Pets Use CBD Oil for Humans?
CBD oil meant for humans is believed to work in the same biological way in pets because the endocannabinoid system found in humans is also present in pets which means that the pets can use the CBD oil meant for humans.
However, it is highly advised that you give your pet the CBD product specifically designed for them.
What are the available forms of CBD oil for pets?
The CBD oil for pets come in different forms in the lines of:
- Topical products for example lotions, creams and gels.
- Oral administrations
What are the benefits of using the CBD oil for pets?
The CBD oil for pets come with the following benefits:
- Cures skin diseases in addition to improving the skin conditions of the pets.
- Helps to effectively reduce seizures and anxiety among the pets.
- Helps in relieving the pets from chronic pains.
- Helps in reducing inflammation in the pets.
What are the risks of using the CBD oil for pets?
Although the CBD oil for pets is very beneficial, prolonged use of the pet has the following risks:
- It changes the appetite of the pet.
- Causes the pet to have diarrhoea.
- It causes the pet to have fatigue.
- It causes frequent nausea to the pets.
- It causes frequent itchiness
- It may be associated with constant vomiting if the pets under this drug.
- May result to low blood pressure.
If your pet has any health issues or pain, try giving them CBD dosage for dogs as they have high chances of benefitting from it. It is however essential that you give them the right dosage, as per the prescription with the recommended way to give them being under the tongue although you can also mix it with their food. Also, be sure to consult a veterinary doctor in case you don’t know which CBD product for pets you should use on your sick pet.